[OSM-dev] Loc2Vec

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Jun 18 08:39:15 UTC 2018

On Saturday 16 June 2018, Michał Brzozowski wrote:
> I'm quite surprised this went past the radar, because it's very
> interesting research and abuses openstreetmap-carto style in a novel
> way:
>
> https://www.sentiance.com/2018/05/03/loc2vec-learning-location-embedd
>ings-w-triplet-loss-networks/
>
> [...]

One interesting thing about this kind of work is the legal side and the
question if a process as described there is a derivative work of the
training data used.  If you are tempted to answer that with a 'no' you
should keep in mind that while most work on so called AI methods these
days concentrates on data processing after training you can equally try
to use such methods more like a memory device.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/