[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.12.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Jun 23 10:05:31 UTC 2018

W dniu 23.06.2018 o 11:18, Yves pisze:
> | Mapnik and CartoCSS being essentially
> | unmaintained,
>
> Which is not going to change if everybody scripts its own way :)
> I did not followed the discussion around that change, but it would be
> a good idea to make changes upstream to come up with an equivalent
> style without special code.

CartoCSS is dead end now - first it has been abandoned by Mapbox, and
lately by nebulon42, who made 1.0.0 release shortly before his departure.

Mapnik is a different beast. It's still being developed by artemp
(founder) and talaj at least and has some big deployments, like Mapy.cz.
I don't remember right now if we asked about adding support for our
solution, but solving things upstream is what I try to promote.

However it always takes some coding to be done and it might be not what
maintainers are focusing on. So if there's somebody interested in the
issue, please let us know.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]