[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto, lines and polygons
sav123 at h-f.net
Fri Jun 29 15:57:12 UTC 2018
I'm working on osm data transformations and focused only on renderring a map
Could you help me please ? I have one question :
what an OSM-carto css author expects to find exactly in the tables line and
The generators scripts cannot help to understand since their outputs differ.
On another hand, such algorithms follow necessarily discussions and
Else, if there is not an exact definitions page, I should be interested by
pages about this kind of questions :
- in a relation, is a reference to a relation a shortcut to its own content
- does it make sense to build a way with the nodes belonging to polygons ?
- in what cases exactly a way data belongs to both line and polygon tables ?
- is there a mandatory way to split wkb data when it is too long ?
- in what cases tags which aren't explicitly requested are useful ?
- is there identified data belonging both to postgres tables and to other
databases ( ie shape simplified_land_polygons.shp ) ?
I think I understand what are lines and polygons in general and I know the
db style and lua transformations preconised by osm-carto
More information about the dev