[OSM-dev] Nominatim - censorship at github pages

cm-sanitas@wp.pl cm-sanitas at wp.pl
Mon Mar 26 10:43:56 UTC 2018

Hi,  Some time ago on this mailing list I expressed
concern about the way Nominatim is being maintained. In short, I
criticized that this important service is being neglected and is
maintained in a way which makes it quite impossible to contribute to. My
opinion meet with hostility (which I don't really mind). But what I mind
 is censorship. Lately somebody else noticed [1] that having pull
request opened for 6 years without any explanation why it's not merged
doesn't look good. I contributed to the discussion, explained the
reasoning for having it opened (which was presented to me during last
time I took part in discussion here). Now I look at the pull request 's
discussion and turns out my comment was removed.   Can
 somebody tell me why it is that? In my opinion the fact I am not liked
by the maintainers, shouldn't result in deleting my on topic comments.
Is there some oversight over moderation? Can I somehow repeal the
decision? Or at least get some explanation why my comment was removed?     [1] -  github.com github.com   Thanks,  Mariusz