[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Nominatim - censorship at github pages

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:16:52 UTC 2018

Hi Mariusz,

> I criticized that this important service is being neglected and is
maintained in a way which makes it quite impossible to contribute to.
>Can somebody tell me why it is that?

imho:

my favorite on this topics:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Nonviolent_Communication
and according to my experience  - moralistic judgments and diagnoses can't
help solve the problems.
on the other hand, Empathy ( for the project )  can be very powerful.

And If you want to understand the other side, read this:    "Why I didn’t
fix your bug"   http://magnusmanske.de/wordpress/?p=518
so "Be nice" and give a positive surprise   ( for example add a picture of
a cute animal for your issue;   example:  https://github.com/moby/moby/
pull/36630 )

disclaimer:
- I have 1 accepted contributions:  https://github.com/openstreetmap/