[OSM-dev] Generalisation

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed May 2 22:05:32 UTC 2018

Hi Tomas,

You do realize the 1-2 years is well after the 2013 date that the Dutch
Kadastre started to publish their work?

As to Lithuania, I can't speak for your country, but your Swedish Baltic
brethren actually adopted the Dutch Kadaster's approach, including the
developed models through a cooperation agreement:

https://kartographie.geo.tu-dresden.de/downloads/ica-gen/symposium2015/Sweden_Abstract_NMA_Workshop_Amsterdam_Dec_2015.pdf

Maybe your Lithuanian cadastre looked over the shoulders of the Sweeds?
At the very least, they may have gotten a little inspiration... ;-),
although they may well have developed this entirely on their own using
the same ESRI tools. For sure, the Dutch Kadaster seems to have been
very open about their specific development work in an international
context...

Marco