[OSM-dev] tools to add buffer to poly

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Nov 27 09:50:13 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:14:16PM +0300, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you have a PostGIS at hand:

I have.

> select ST_Buffer('POLYGON(lon lat, lon lat, lon lat....)'::geography, 50);
>
> http://www.postgis.net/docs/ST_Buffer.html

I know that - That means i need to rexport the admin boundarys from
wambacher as shape. Use shp2pgsql to put them into the postgis,
buffer them and rexport somehow as poly.

I though i would not be the only one having the problem.

I whished osmconvert had a "ready to use" buffer function for
the -B option ;)

Flo