[OSM-dev] Any problem with Debian tile servers?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 8 18:54:21 UTC 2019

On 4/8/19 8:11 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> I want to run my own tile server but I run Debian 9 on the server I plan to
> use. All the docs I have seen so far target Ubuntu. Is there any problem
> with using other Linux distros?

You can't use PPAs on Debian like those documented in switch2osm, but
you can build mod_tile from source.

The biggest benefit of using Debian over Ubuntu is that the geospatial
package are actively maintained in Debian, in Ubuntu they are not. There
is someone actually triaging bugs and able to provide stable updates for
important issues in packages, Ubuntu does not have that.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1