[OSM-dev] Python XML Parser on Windows

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Wed Aug 7 19:11:01 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 06:39:14AM -0700, Spencer Gardner wrote:
> Thanks. I'm aware of PyOsmium, which appears to work on Windows but not
> without installing a number of additional packages related to the
> libosmium. I may go that route in the absence of easier alternatives, but
> installation of libosmium doesn't seem very straightforward on Windows. Or
> perhaps the problem is the documentation doesn't provide much information
> on how to install on Windows short of building from source, which is a
> nonstarter for most users. What I'm really hoping for is an isolated Python
> solution that can be installed via a simple pip command.

We do provide precomiled binaries for Windows (64bit), so you
should be able to just 'pip install osmium' without building libosmium
yourself.

I admit that this is not well tested because we don't have a maintainer
with a Windows development platform (and experience with it). If you run
into trouble, feel free to file an issue and we see what we can do.

Sarah