[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql 1.0.0 released

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Thu Aug 29 20:09:55 UTC 2019

Hi all,

we are happy to announce a new release of osm2pgsql. This release drops
support for old-style multipolygon, which we celebrate by making a big
version jump to osm2pgsql 1.0.0.

Since the last release, the processing pipeline of osm2pgsql has received
a major internal overhaul. Imports are now entirely done in the first
processing stage. The second, much slower processing stage is only needed
when updating existing databases. Data is entirely streamed into the database
using COPY, which reduces the number of connections needed in the database.

Other major changes include

- better error handling in Lua backend
- process all OSM objects again when extra attributes are requested
- enable running tests in pg_virtualenv
- add support for configurable Gazetteer style
- allow to disable RAM node cache with -C 0

Starting with this release you can find the unofficial release builds for
Windows also on the OpenStreetMap dev server:
https://lonvia.dev.openstreetmap.org/osm2pgsql-winbuild/releases/

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Sarah