[OSM-dev] tagtransform for OSM - A effort make tagging and using OSM data easier; bridging different worlds together

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 20:39:41 UTC 2019

> I currently write a specification for tranforming tags in OpenStreetMap
to make life of data customers easier.

imho:  we can import some good ideas from
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/TagTransform schema ..
*"The tag transform Osmosis plugin allows arbitrary tag transforms to be
applied to OSM data as a preprocessing step before using other tools. This
allows other tools to concentrate on doing what ever they do, without
having to handle numerous different tagging schemes and error corrections."*
imho:   regexp is useful.

probably the "lua" is good glue/meta language - for writing "business
rules".
some examples:
Valhalla (routing)  admin.lua (
https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla/blob/master/lua/admin.lua )