[OSM-dev] Synchronizing Charge Station Data

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 14 14:37:30 UTC 2019

On 14/02/2019 11:41, Wolfgang Fahl wrote:

> For the "where" part I need access to a list of vehicle charging
> stations. I tried the following options:

> For integration openstreetmap I'd need some input and advice.
>
> Currently I am looking for a java library to be useable and I found:
>
> https://github.com/westnordost/osmapi
>
> as well as
>
> https://github.com/osmapi/osmapi-java
>
> The second library seems to be much simpler but not as well maintained.
> I have already forked it and would like to know whether it
> makes sense to base my efforts on that library.

I'm not sure what you mean by "integration" exactly but please
don't try and use the openstreetmap.org API to fetch lists of
charging points in real time - that is most definitely not an
appropriate use.

The API is for editing and consumers of the data should either
maintain their own database updated using the replication feeds
or use a query orientated service like overpass.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/