[OSM-dev] Pre-rendered OpenStreetMap Carto tiles

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 21:21:21 UTC 2019

Many people have asked about downloading low-zoom tiles of OpenStreetMap
Carto. I’ve completed my project to script automatic downloading,
importing, and pre-rendering of an OpenStreetMap Carto database to make
it available for others, and have put the results on one of my servers
at http://legolas.paulnorman.ca/prerender/

The tar files contain zoom 0 to zoom 6, 8, 9 or 10, depending on the
file name.

These are most useful for someone who wants to render the world but
doesn’t need high zooms and doesn’t want to set up a database server.
Because the tiles are just tiles in a directory structure there’s no
need for anything except a web server to serve them.

Are these useful for you? Let me know, and I’ll provide them on an
ongoing basis. These particular files contain OSM data from December
17th rendered with OpenStreetMap Carto v4.18.0