[OSM-dev] OSM accepted for GSoC 2019

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Mon Mar 4 23:51:43 UTC 2019

Hi all,

we've been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2019 Google
Summer of Code!

If you haven't done so yet, now would be a good time to add your open
source project's tasks to our ideas page, as students are already
starting to look for tasks and mentors:

https://wiki.osm.org/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019/Project_ideas

Note that the page also contains some ideas contributed by users. This
is welcome – however, GSoC projects do need experienced developers as
mentors, and the support of the maintainer to ensure they can be merged
in the end. So please look through those ideas related to your project
and decide whether you want to mentor them (and fill in the mentor field
accordingly), or remove them from the page if your team is not
interested in mentoring them.

Thank you for your time!

Tobias