[OSM-dev] OSM tile server issue

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu May 30 18:50:17 UTC 2019

On 30/05/2019 19:43, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> 30 May 2019, 20:21 by rodolfo at justmapzz.com <mailto:rodolfo at justmapzz.com>:
>
>> I am the main developer of Justmapzz, which uses GMAP.NET for map viewing
>
> (...)
>
>>  In the mean time, what must we do to comply with your usage policy, other than changing the user-agent, which appeared to be insufficient?
>
> See https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/ for tile usage
> policy
>
>  > Heavy use (e.g. distributing an app that uses tiles from
> openstreetmap.org) is
>  > forbidden without prior permission from the System Administrators.
>
> Do you have such permission?

Argh. That line needs to be deleted... We are not in the
business of granting special permissions and any such queries
will just get pointed at the usage policy.

His real problem (aside from his attitude) is that gmap.net
is also sending a fake referer of http://www.openstreetmap.org/
which is causing it to be blocked.

Tom

--