[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.23.0
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 12:24:07 UTC 2019
OpenStreetMap Carto (the default stylesheet on the OSM website) has
released version v4.23.0 today.
- The low priority layers were changed to use the same labeling
algorithm as the other layers
This fixes a bug which rendered `parking` icons twice, among others.
- Restored rendering of landcover text labels on points
For some time some features mapped as nodes, like sports_centres,
did not have a label.
- Adjust `aerodrome` initial & final zoom levels
Aerodrome text labels start a little later, but also continue to
higher zoom levels
- Adjusted width of `hedge` & `citywall` up to z20, adjusted hedge color
- Increased `office=` initial zoom level to z18 and moved some
undocument or deprecated values to z19
- Created new layer for `ref` of
Changes `ref` to standard halo-radius, oblique font, and same size
as `name` at >z17
- Added fill colors for `wetland=mangrove/saltmarsh/reedbed`
Also adds salt dots pattern for `wetland=saltmarsh`
Once changes are deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple
of days before all tiles show the new rendering.
For a full list of commits, see
We welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues, and we
welcome new contributors who might be interested in solving one of the
many open issues.
More information about the dev