[OSM-dev] planet.osm.org is verry slow

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Thu Feb 13 11:04:33 UTC 2020

Le 08/02/2020 à 10:09, mmd a écrit :
> On 2020-01-25 16:45, Grant Slater wrote:
>> The 20GB+ planet .osm.bz2 files are automatically redirected to the
>> https://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/planet.openstreetmap.org/
>> mirror
>> But unfortunately due to flaw in my  mirror update script the redirect
>> was now working for PBF files. Pull requests welcome:
>> https://github.com/openstreetmap/chef/blob/master/cookbooks/planet/templates/default/planet-mirror-redirect-update.erb
>> I have manually fixed the PBF file mirroring now (for current files).
> This is fixed now. I've created a pull request to redirect all planet
> pbf and full history files to the mirror once they're available.

We've also started experimenting bittorrent downloads a few weeks ago.

They are available at: https://osm.cquest.org/torrents/

For command line bittorrent downloads you can have a look at lftp and aria2

The latest (today) planet will be available in 3 to 4 hours from now...

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France