[OSM-dev] planet.osm.org is verry slow

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Jan 25 10:46:20 UTC 2020

Yes, there are now bandwidth restrictions on connections to
planet.openstreetmap.org because the usage had skyrocketed and outgoing
bandwidth was completely saturated.

But the obvious question is: why are you even trying to download the
full planet twice within a fortnight? Particularly given the file can
easily be updated in situ.

Simon