[OSM-dev] OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Wed Jul 29 13:10:09 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 02:59:24PM +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 July 2020, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
> > >
> > >   * The pgsql output now looks for lua script relative to the
> > >
> > >     |style.json| file.
> > >
> > >     This is a breaking change. Users might have to change the file
> > >     names of
> > >     their lua scripts in the style files.
> >
> > Does anyone know if changes need to be made to the OpenStreetMap
> > Carto stylesheet or is it already compatible with this breaking
> > change?
>
> OSM-Carto has no style.json file, you specify the lua script directly at
> the command line - i think the quoted change applies to the multi/flex
> backends only, though the documentation is not very clear in the
> terminology used ('pgsql output' vs. 'pgsql backend').

Indeed, that was a minor error in the release notes. I fixed that.

Filenames given on the command line are relative to the current
path. Only file names that appear in style files are interpreted
relative to the style file. The pgsql output used by Carto does
not have the latter. So: nothing changes.

Sarah