[OSM-dev] Osmupdate 0.4.5 fails (osmctools)

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Feb 22 18:24:44 UTC 2021

osmupdate has worked solidly and reliably for the past 10 years. Is it
known that it has been abandoned? I rather think it hasn't been changed
in two years because changes haven't been needed. But now it appears a
change /is /needed.

Is someone going to make the change? Is anyone in touch with the author?
I'm just a user of the utility. I really don't want to have to set up
build environments and change the code locally, that's asking for trouble.

The messages here seem very dismissive of osmupdate. Is there a better
alternative? If there isn't, I'd suggest this breakage is something of a
priority, whether it is in osmupdate or the change that broke it. And
arguing about programming style isn't.

David