[OSM-dev] RfC on Engineering Working Group project

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Sun May 29 20:05:21 UTC 2022

Hi all,

we the Engineering Working Group (EWG) now would like to start asking
for bids on projects. This one is our first
https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/blob/draft/projects/ability-to-block-other-users/README.md

We are open for comments on this one until our next meeting on
2022-06-06. Please send any feedback via this channel or as a pull
request. We then would like to use the feedback to improve the project
description. The next step then is to put out the improved project
description as call for bids.

It is on purpose a rather small one: We need to probe whether there is
interest at all and whether the process of public consultation, then
call for bids, then selecting an offer based on the project funding
framework
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Engineering_Working_Group/Project_Funding_Framework
and monitoring its implementation is doable.

Best regards,

Roland Olbricht
Engineering Working Group
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Engineering_Working_Group