[Diversity-talk] [HOT] Diverse conferences need you!

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sat Apr 14 18:47:21 UTC 2018

Hi Rory,

Thank you very much for all your help with the CoC.

I was hoping we could put together another resource that is practical
advice for LGBTQ travellers.

You offered some good advice that I would never think of, empty your
phones of potentially problematic apps or content.

I read on the State Department one tip that said be wary of
entrampment type schemes with people trying to trick someone into
revealing info that would get them in trouble with the law.

I looked on a few gay travel websites, but most of their practical
advice consisted of saying know the local laws and check with the US
or other national foreign affairs office for their advice.

Could we somehow collaborate on a blog post that would offer some more
practical advice, all the helpful details and advice that can't really
go in the CoC but still would be helpful to folks.

Just a thought, if you think you would have time to contribute I can
make a shared google doc to just start the advice list or something.
But i do not have much to add besides stuff I can find spread around
the Internets, you seemed to have a lot of good advice I think would
be good to share.

regards,
blake