[Diversity-talk] Mapper of the Month: Nathalie Sidibe (Mali).

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:58:35 UTC 2018

More luck than planning, but on the IWD2018, we have the honour to
present our interview with Nathalie Sidibe from Mali

in English: http://www.osm.be/2018/03/08/en-motm-nathalie-sidibe.html
in French (original): http://www.osm.be/2018/03/08/fr-motm-nathalie-sidibe.html

a.o. she talks how OSM helps her fighting for more democracy and women
rights in Mali.

In case you are not familiar with the series, since November 2014 we
publish a monthly interview with a mapper. It all started in Belgium,
and while the focus is still on Belgium (to get to know each other
better in our little community), we also interview people from other
countries. The complete list can be found here [1].

So far we have interviewed 5 women and 1 group of women, employees of
MapBox and Telenav, mappers from Nepal, Colombia, USA, UK, Germany,
etc.

I hope to keep on showing the diversity of OSM in this series, so any
ideas for interviews or help with translation or contacting people in
languages other than Dutch, French and German are welcome.

regards

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Belgian_Mapper_of_the_Month