[Diversity-talk] Anything happening for Int. Women's Day?

Rebecca Firth rebecca.firth at hotosm.org
Fri Mar 8 13:19:36 UTC 2019

Hi Rory,

Thanks for raising the topic!

Sharing a blog with a few ways people can get involved in mapping for
gender projects
https://www.hotosm.org/updates/international-womens-day-2019-number-balanceforbetter/
- and for any YouthMappers on the list, join our competition for the chance
to win a scholarship to the HOT Summit and State of the Map!

Thanks all on this list who work to improve diversity across OSM,

Rebecca

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In just over 2 weeks, on 8th March, it's International Women's Day. Is
> anything happening? Does anyone know of any events? I know the
> Communications Working Group is interested in promoting events, or
> helping to spread information around then.
>
> So, anyone know anything? Anyone doing anything? Anything people here
> should do (or not do 😉)? Feel free to post/promote your thing, or
> suggest a thing? Should we attempt a mapping project again?
>
> Rory
>
> Read more:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women%27s_Day
> http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/in-focus/international-womens-day