[Geocoding] Database querying

Sajjad Anwar sajjadkm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:52:05 BST 2009

Hello.
Im new to this list. Perhaps my first email.

Im trying to write a geocoding application for my city (Calicut, Kerala,
India). Currently Im updating the database using JOSM. I understood that, I
need to query the database with the string the user provider through my
application. What is the way for that? I also understood that, as Im in
India, we can reduce the false results by extrating the smaller subset of
India Database. How could that be done? Somebody in the channel gave me an
XML datasheet of India. How do I use that into a database in my server and
application? I plan to code in Python.
Please help. Thank you.

--
Sajjad Anwar