[Historic] SOTM PDX: Historic discussion meetup?

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Thu Aug 23 19:49:16 BST 2012

Here's what I submitted - all are free to modify, hijack, addend, etc. this
session:

# OSM and Online Time Machines

OSM has focused primarily on the here and now, but it provides a great
infrastructure and foundation for the creation and collection of historic
information. This presentation will review:

- Past efforts at using OSM to record historic information & lessons learned
- The beloved start_date and end_date tags
- Temporal rendering and storytelling challenges
- Current historic storytelling applications that could consume OSM
historic data
- Establishment of a historic OSM sandbox environment

- Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas