[OHM] mapping old bunker hill in Los Angeles

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Tue Apr 15 04:54:37 UTC 2014

Hi Richard -

Thanks for reaching out! Love the blog!

I'm a little out of the loop these days, as my full time gig has been
taking up more of my time, and I think the openhistoricalmap.org is down
right now, but here's what I'd suggest:
- Download the local area from OSM using JOSM (this might be possible with
iD, but I'm not sure about using that for the next steps)
- Save the file locally as an .osm
- Add whatever georectified maps you need that show the old Bunker Hill area
- Save those changes also as an .osm file

Then... with not too much trickery, you should be able to load this into
OHM when it's up and running again.

This is the same workflow that I was using to work on Seattle from an old
perspective map.

I hope this helps. I've also cc'd the alias to see if anyone else has any
other suggestions.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas
jeff at gwhat.org
206-676-2347

OpenStreetMap: Mapping with a Human Touch
osm: Open Historical Map
(OHM)<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Historical_Map>
 / my OSM user page <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jeffmeyer>
t: @GWHAThistory <https://twitter.com/GWHAThistory>