[HOT] Pakistan floods

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:51:25 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Shoaib Burq <shoaib at nomad-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi Katie,
>
> great idea! do you have links to Corona imagery for Pakistan? Perhaps
> we can start setting up a WMS?

Shoaib,

I'm searching the inventory here:

http://edcsns17.cr.usgs.gov/EarthExplorer/ (you can see previews; some have
high cloud cover; others don't)

I have worked with this imagery before... the imagery itself is located at
the National Archives in College Park, Maryland and ordering / downloading
is normally done through the USGS.

They are beginning to make some available for download; then it needs to be
georeferenced, like aerial photographs and put into a WMS.

What's not available for download can be ordered ($30/frame). I was at the
Archives on Saturday, and know it's possible to go there, make our own scans
or obtain them there, without cost.

I would like to do a proof of concept with a small trial area and see if
this is useful or not. (this portion of Pakistan might be a good area)  If
we demonstrate it's useful, then my hope is that the Archives / USGS can
make more readily available for download.

-Katie

--
Katie Filbert
filbertk at gmail.com