[HOT] HOT Process

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 09:25:34 BST 2010

----- Original Message ----

-With what type of natrual disasters will we be most effective?
    I feel the situation in Pakistan is an example of this - where the scale of
the disaster is vast, however, at this stage (due to the temporal change in
floodwaters etc) i feel we are less suited to this than say an earthquake.
Imagery at this stage may be less useful than at a later date.  Maybe we ramp-up
when the flood waters are subsiding & assess infrastructure issues, refugee
camps etc...
  Thoughts?
-Different strategies for disaster types...