[HOT] Status of pre and post quake imagery friendly licenced to OSM for tracing in support of Pak Floods crisis mapping

Chris Blow cgblow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:50:37 BST 2010

Nicolas,

I don't know anything about imagery but I am aware of two Ushahidi instances which are deploying.http://pakflood.crowdmap.com and http://pakrelief.crowdmap.com

Both of them are just starting; I am coordinating some technical support on getting shortcodes. I think they will merge, but I do not know details yet -- we are just coordinating today over email.

Also: What is the best path to integrating data generated by an ushahidi instance into OSM? Would it be feasible to use ushahidi in the style of Potlatch, just to edit particular POIs? Or perhaps use a bot and the ushahidi API? Surely someone has done this before.

Mikel, are you putting your Ushahidi POIs back into OSM somehow?