[HOT] Potential imagery for Pakistan

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 14:55:12 BST 2010

Todd, Shoaib and all-

Tx Todd and Shoaib for those efforts,

it would be great to get on the imagery section of the Pak Flood wiki a
status of the on-going efforts for imagery mobilization,
I am following up myself (with others) on Spot and through UNOSAT imagery
potentially made available via the Charter ; I'll edit this in the wiki
soon-

I am not an expert in terms of licensing but I think you are right Todd in
suggesting the need for a change which would allow derivative work in the
OSM license scheme (CC-SA/ OdbL) which allows commercial use

Template for imagery request: this is a piece which is needed and thanks
very much Shoaib for getting it started, great if we can open a wiki page
for this template as well.

Best
Nicolas

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Todd Huffman <huffmantm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will send the request to my contacts in the NGA.  There are others
> on the list who may have other contacts, if you want to coordinate
> feel free to ping me.  Shall I send the letter right away?
>
> I don't know anyone at DG, but I notice they had some Pakistan images
> up on their Flickr stream... the licensing is "attribution,
> noncommercial, and no derivatives"  Maybe we should ask them to change
> that?
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalglobe-imagery/4863326937/in/set-72157624639868250/
>
> Cheers,
>
> -.- .--- -.... .--- --.- --.-
>
> Todd Huffman
>
> HuffmanTM at gmail.com
> Office: (765) 633-2691
> Twitter: @toddhuffman
>

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Shoaib Burq <shoaib at nomad-labs.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > This is just to let you know Kashif and I have drafted a letter to
> > send to either National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency  (NGA) or Digital
> > Globe (DG) to get permission to use the imagery.
> >
> > Please see: http://piratepad.net/0mAOCFV6fi
> >
> > If someone knows who we need to ask their contact would be much
> > appreciated. We can then go ahead an setup a TileServer and WMS
> >
> > Shoaib Burq
> > --
> > skype: spatialgoat
> > +61 413 720 144