[HOT] HOT activities needing volunteers ?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Mon Aug 16 21:56:40 BST 2010

On 16 August 2010 04:34, Jean Millerat <Jean.Millerat at wecena.com> wrote:

> I am considering proposing some French consultancies I work with to donate
> some work time to the HOT activities. But I don't know if such work time
> could be made any useful to the HOT. Would you help me identifying areas (if
> any) where this could be made useful ?

Jean

Do you think these volunteers would be interested in a related project? The
Sahana project's response to the Pakistan floods[1] is currently focused on
extracting structured information from unstructured sources, such as
situation & assessment reports. We need people willing to spend some time to
achieve this.

It's less technical and easier to get started. However, it can be tedious
but is very important work.

Let me know if this may be of interest.

Tim McNamara

[1] http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/Pakistan