[HOT] Yahoo WMS

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:34:15 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Sam Larsen <samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> It has occured to me that the user may be adding data from the 2006  Yahoo
> imagery but tagging the date as the date it was traced rather than the date
> the
> imagery was captured.

I'm quite sure the 2006 (or whenever) imagery is being used.  I believe it's
the same as available in Potlatch (?) but in WMS format that can be used in
JOSM.

See: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/WMSPlugin

(though, Yahoo WMS is always extremely slow for me, compared to USGS WMS)

-Katie

> Can one of our German friends please contact this user to clarify?
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Sharlin
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sharlin
>
> I have contacted the user in my limited German - but have not got a
> response (it
> was only about an hour ago).  We'll have to wait & see, but i suspect this
> is a
> tagging error. :(
>

> Sam
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Somehow i seem to have missed the release of Yahoo WMS satellite  imagery
> > post-flooding in Pakistan.
> >
> > I have noticed a number of edits  in the Kabul & Swat river valleys using
> the
> > tags:
> >

> > source:  satellite, yahoo_wms, 2010-08-08
> > source: satellite, yahoo_wms,  2010-08-10
> > source: satellite, yahoo_wms, 2010-08-11
> > source: satellite,  yahoo_wms, 2010-08-12
> > source: satellite, yahoo_wms, 2010-08-14
> >
> > If  these WMS services are available can someone please put them on the
> wiki -
>
> >or
> >
> > give me the information to put on the wiki.  I can't find them  there.
> >
> > One of the major frustrations for me as a mapper is the lack of  high-res
> > post/during-flood event imagery.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Sam  Larsen

Katie Filbert