[HOT] Pakistan - one way to help without waiting for satellite imagery

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sat Aug 21 07:48:43 BST 2010

While HOT awaits high-quality imagery, I would really like to encourage
people who are interested in responding to the Pakistan Floods to consider
some other geospatial information.

http://pakistan.sahanafoundation.org/eden/gis/index is a map of issues &
activities that are currently happening in Pakistan. We need volunteers to
trawl through situation reports provided by responding agencies and to plot
that information on the map. All entries are linked to a source document &
are given time and geospatial coordinates. With more labour, this
representation will become even more comprehensive. It will then be able to
be used by agencies to provide an accurate picture of the overall
situation.

If you would like to participate, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/ and
enter "#sahana-eden" into the channel.

My best,