[HOT] Thoughts on OSM in Africa - ICRC GIS officers

Shoaib Burq shoaib at nomad-labs.com
Wed Aug 25 00:48:30 BST 2010

Thanks Frédéric

I have been in phone and skype contact with local staff in WFO and OCHA
offices in Pakistan too. They have articulated a number of high priority
tasks to me which are similar in their scope. I have been told their
transport layers are also a mashup of different datasets. But they feel they
need more up-to-date road info. Especially info on damaged roads and more
remote roads. What do you recommend we do for dirt roads that are not primary
or secondary?

Thanks

Shoaib