[HOT] Details for a article

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Wed Dec 22 20:15:25 GMT 2010

Hi there,

weeks ago I already requested a co-author for a german article of the
german bureau of protection and disaster-management. unfortunatly nobody
was able to join :(

So I will proceed to do the work alone, but therefore I would be glad if
you can give me a few more informations (or write text blocks that I
will translate to german). So here a few question that show you the
focus of the text:

- History of HOT, was there any coordinated action before Haiti2010?
- What changed the HOT? In which kind it is better organised?
- I read about a HOT task force during Haiti that came with equipment to
support the local troops and GIS officers. Are there any further
informations/photos?
- Personaly I would say that Haiti had a peak of volunteered
informations, could (or why not) it repeated on later disasters?
- Wishlist: What is the HOT looking for? What are problems (on both: OSM
and authorities)

Are there any hi-res photos that I can send with your persmission to the
magazine?

I would be glad if you would support my work :)

regards
Matthias