[HOT] 2010 Colombian floods - OCHA boundary versus previously loaded boundary data

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 30 10:56:25 GMT 2010

HI,
We still have some imports to run, see my mail to talk co,
http://cube.telascience.org/prizren/colombia/newfiles/
here are the files at the time not imported, ran through my new script to
remove redundant ways. there might be some small artifacts that need
cleaning, but in my experience it was just on extra way added that needs
removing. please update the wiki as we go along.
thanks,
mike

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM, <dies38061 at mypacks.net> wrote:

> I put the following on
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:2010_Colombia_floods/ImportMuni in
> the past couple of minutes.  Thanks for your input. --ceyockey =>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ceyockey
>
> (section) OCHA boundary versus previously loaded boundary data
> The image at right (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OCHA_versus_prior_import_boundary_discrepancy.png) shows discrepancy between OCHA-based municipality data and previously
> loaded boundary data. The question is whether OCHA data should replace the
> prior data or not. Options include
>
>   1. delete old data in preference of new data
>   2. merge old data into new data (to preserve some part of history)
>   3. retain both
>   4. create a new boundary which is a merged average of the two
>
> My feeling is that option 1 would be the most practical way forward.
> --10:25, 30 December 2010 (UTC)

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org
flossal.org