[HOT] Draft Articles of Incorporation/Bylaws

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:58:02 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman <huffmantm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in line with Robert's thoughts "Thanks for doing this Kate, they
> look solid to my non-expert eyes."

The bylaws look good to me. It's good to see progress towards formalising
HOT.

For the name of the organisation, "Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team United
States, Inc.", do we really need "United States" as part of the name?

In Article II, I would change:

* Deploy to ... => Deploying to
* Coordinate => Coordinating
* Provide => Providing
* Advocate => Advocating

in Article IV:

"The elected initial board that will incorporate HOT and serve a one year
term as its board of directors."

change to:

"The elected initial board of directors will incorporate HOT and serve a one
year term."

> I've got no strong feelings about the tiered membership, but we might
> want to offer an incentive for people to put in more resources.

Otherwise, they look good.

-Katie

> Todd Huffman
>
> HuffmanTM at gmail.com