[HOT] Continuing the HOT Incorporation Process

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sat Jul 24 19:28:16 BST 2010

Hi All,

So we did a first round of nominations to create the initial HOT
membership.  That is not to say we won't continue growing membership,
we are modeling after the Apache Foundation where membership
nominations other individuals to become members.  We are starting slow
and trying to incorporate in the U.S. fairly quickly so that we have a
way to accept funding and continue the work we've been doing and Haiti
and potentially move into other areas.

I'd like to have a board election start coming week so that we can
incorporate soon.

All the incorporation information is available here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team#Incorporation

As well as the current membership:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Members

We need to nominate people to the board out of the membership list.

Please add the names of those you'd like to nominate here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Board_Elections

There are five board positions.

Thanks,

Kate