[HOT] Fwd: Invitation to speak at RCUK China workshop, Shanghai, 26-28 September

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:55:24 BST 2010

Hi folks,

I've been contacted by Celia Russell from Manchester, there is a
workshop in Shanghai in September 26-28 and they want a speaker to
talk about OSM and development.

Travel and subsistence is provided.

"the workshop is about ICT and international development so they need
be able to talk about openstreetmap in terms of the underlying
technologies/architecture and its potential impact on the developing
world." see attached mails for more info.

I can't make it, neither can Mikel Maron, who was their other choice,
so opening up to see if anyone's interested and available. Harry Wood
has said that he can make it.

They want to arrange this very soon, so if you could get back to me
ASAP, I can give them some names to pick from. There may be bonus
points for experience with UN and Codata, UK or Chinese citizen, but
it's by no means essential.

Cheers!

Tim