[HOT] [Talk-ht] Support to Data imports for Haiti

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sat Jun 19 14:50:06 BST 2010

Hi Nicolas

To the best of my knowlege, Shoreland currently maintains a reconciled
master HFac list *on behalf of* WHO and in discussion
with Bill Lang from Shoreland we came to the conclusion that OSM is best
adviced to import and maintain a *managed copy* of this master data set.
If Shorelands
data set indeed has the role I think it has then it would probably be
best to reconcile new data from the field with the Shoreland data set
first - and then import the
the data from "single source of truth" in to the OSM database.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards
Karl