[HOT] Alagoas Floodings

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Tue Jun 22 02:03:15 BST 2010

Hi,

CBERS satellite images are a nice resource (2.5m resolution for the HRC
sensor, apparently broad coverage in South America, free download).

I hope you get a positive response, Vitor, to your request for use for OSM.

I've tried viewing some of them in QGis, with OSM plugin for overlaying
OSM data.

On Maceio, the state capital, I still have a shift of several hundred
meters between the image and OSM data, even trying to use something
similar to
http://www.mail-archive.com/talk@openstreetmap.org/msg29435.html
(but in UTM zone 25).

If we get the authorization, could someone in the OSM community host
them on a WMS server ?

Best regards,

Jean-Guilhem