[HOT] Pakistan Imagery

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 10:55:43 BST 2010

This is not a call for a license debate - especially on this list; i am just
interested in the potential impact of the new license on HOT activities.

Of those who did contact agencies and asked them to release imagery for use in
OSM under the ODbL & CT's - is there a feeling that it is more difficult to get
them to agree to these conditions than it was for Haiti with just CC-BY-SA?  Has

anyone come across comments from imagery suppliers that specifically voiced
their concerns about signing up to the new license terms?  As we are dealing
with people's lives here, i would like to know if our activities are being
adversely affected by the license change.

This is just a call for feedback from those who have had direct contact with
imagery suppliers.  If anyone wants to throw their two cents in about the
license change - please post it to [legal-talk].

Apologies to all those who are trying to avoid license debates - so am i, but
this just struck me as a potential sticking point for my activities.

Sam

Hi,

I had in mind that it was not clear whether OSM was allowed to use them for
tracing, from: