[HOT] ICCM Workshop

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Sep 10 02:26:30 BST 2010

Hey Hotties,

I'm giving a hour workshop on OSM at the Crisis Mappers Conference.  I
was looking for some input on what people think that should include.

What I'm thinking so far:

-Introduction to OSM
-Introduction to HOT
-JOSM (brief digitizing)
-Humanitarian Data Model (JOSM presets/survey forms)
-Brief Overview of Surveying with Humanitarian Data Model
-Ways of using data (downloading shp/Garmin GPS files/MapOSMatic/Walking Papers)

My goal is to give people the idea of how in Haiti it started with the
greater OSM community and then was transitioned to people on the
ground.

Thoughts?

-Kate