[HOT] Two new aerial imageries for Ivory Coast

Frédéric Bonifas fredericbonifas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:28:46 BST 2011

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all those who traced with the previous imageries :
OSM data over Ivory Coast has been greatly improved in the past months. As a
kind of "recognition" of our data quality improvement , OSM is now in the
Common Operational Datasets of OCHA for Ivory Coast :
http://ochaonline.un.org/UrgencesEmergencies/ElectionsCocirctedIvoire/tabid/7330/language/fr-FR/Default.aspx(see
bottom of the right column)

We are now allowed to use two new aerial imageries :

=== SPOT Image ===

Spot offers an imagery covering a huge part of western Ivory Coast. You can
see the extent here : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=109447027
The URL is the same as the previous imagery over the Liberian border :
http://ws.spotimage.com/spotlive/wms/594c4e05-0160-41b8-908e-8331305dcefc
?FORMAT=image/jpeg&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&Layers=spotlive&
The source to use is "Cnes / Spot Image"
Many many tracing to be done, that's great !

=== UNOSAT ===

UNOSAT has an imagery over the Bahn camp in Liberia. There is probably
interest in using OSM as a baseline for this area.
The WMS URL is :
http://cernunosat05.cern.ch/ArcGIS/services/CIV/CIV_Liberia4/MapServer/WMSServer
I manage to open it with QGis but unfortunately not in JOSM. Could someone
help on that ?
The source tag to use would be "UNOSAT"

Thanks

--