[HOT] UN-OCHA seeking OSM volunteers for Libya

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 14:26:48 BST 2011

HOT

UN-OCHA is continuing to monitor the ongoing conflict in Libya with
http://libyacrisismap.net/ (now using OSM), and is seeking help with
geo-locating reports. There will be further volunteer needs in the future,
including synchronizing new places into OSM, extract generation, etc.

If you're interested please get in touch with Amaury. The details of his request
follows.

Thanks
Mikel

Hi everyone,

UN - OCHA is working on an instance of an Ushahidi platform to monitoring the
current conflict in Libya http://libyacrisismap.net/ and we are using OSM and
other web mapping tools to geo-locate places mentioned in media reports.
Currently we are asking for volunteers to help us in the geo-location team.

We published the call for volunteers through the UN Volunteers platform, here
you will find more info about it
http://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en/org/opportunity/opportunity_form.html?id=15665

The register in the UNV platform is optional. As UN Volunteer you will receive a
certification of your work but if you want to to be a volunteer without this
registration please let us know sending an email to libyahsr at colombiassh.org.

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers, --
Amaury Prieto | Web developer