[HOT] Status of Somalia roads import

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Sun Aug 21 10:12:39 BST 2011

Oh and another thing.

1.5) RUN V.GENERALIZE BEFORE RUNNING V.CLEAN. Because JOSM needs too much RAM to simplify that many objects, and the aforementioned v.out.ogr bug will make you weep otherwise. Actually PostGIS's awkwardly named st_simplifypreservetopology() does apparently work in a pinch. Is 1m a good simplification threshold for this use case?