[HOT] Somalia admin boundaries import

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sat Aug 20 18:05:19 BST 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that I just imported admininstrative
boundaries for Somalia, as Schuyler asked for in the HOT mailing list. See
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2011-August/000917.html

Basically, Schuyler took some UNOCHA PostGIS data, put it in ogr2osm, and I
did the manual work of snapping that data to existing OSM data. The Somalia
national border is untouched, and the OSM coastline is now part of the
region/province borders.

Some bits of the Kenya and Ethiopia borders were fixed (missing multipolygon
members). Besides that, I don't think this import will clash with the existing
data.

Next step: Fix the admin_level=9 ways in Mogadishu.

Best,