[HOT] Landsat ETM+

Frédéric Bonifas fredericbonifas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:17:52 BST 2011

Hi,

I see that the MadMappers dataset for Somalia comes from Landsat ETM+
imagery (given the source=Landsat ETM+ tag)

I have two questions :

* I read that the Landsat ETM+ has a 15m resolution :
http://geo.arc.nasa.gov/sge/landsat/l7.html
Is there a better resolution available to explain the details of the
MadMappers dataset, especially in the cities ?

* Does someone know about the licence of this imagery ? Is it PD ? If
so, given the great work done by the MadMappers with this imagery,
this could be an unvaluable source for remote mapping where Bing is
not available.

Best

--
Frédéric Bonifas