[HOT] Update: Call for volunteers: Somalia roads import

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Mon Aug 22 23:26:28 BST 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> On Lunes, 22 de Agosto de 2011 23:36:32 Schuyler Erle escribió:
>> On Aug 22, 2011, at 3:49 AM, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
>>> I also noticed that the ways that overlap the boundaries of each box are
>>> duplicated at each side.
>>
>> I have generated a new set of OSM XML files that address this issue, as
>> well as the "too many ways" issue reported by Harry.
>
> IMHO, you've made it worse, unfortunately.
>
> Now everything is a mess of relations, in which some small ways are part of 3
> or 4 different relations, and JOSM won't render them, as they don't have the
> type=multipolygon tag :-(

You're right. I put the files back the way they were, too many ways and all.

I have unfortunately spent too much time on this already. But if someone wants the vector data I was working from and the list of splits, I'll happily share them.

Thank you Iván, again, and everyone who's put in effort to make this work.

SDE